Broken and Poured Out
Speaker – Crispin Schroeder
I. Intro – Context Matters
Why did Jesus go to Jerusalem?
Why did Jesus choose to got to Jerusalem during Passover Week?
II. The History of Passover (Exodus 12, 13)
· The first Passover
· Passover instituted as an annual feast/holy week for Israel.
· 1,500 years of Passovers celebrated when Jesus arrives the week of Passover in Jerusalem.
III. Jesus Celebrates the Passover with his disciples (Luke 22:7-20)
· Jesus reconfigures Passover in light of New Covenant
· Do THIS in remembrance of me.
· Communion is the symbolism, the life of Jesus broken and poured out is the substance.
IV. A Life Broken and Poured Out (John 15:12-13)
What does this look like?
It looks like Jesus, loving his enemies, blessing those who curse him, doing good to the ones who were coming at him with scorn and contempt. It looks like Jesus dying for the very ones who were killing him.
DO THIS IN REMEMBERANCE OF ME!