Monday, December 6, 2010

Spend Less


Advent Conspiracy Pt. 2: Spend Less
Speaker – Crispin Schroeder

I.               Intro: They Kept Shopping
Romans 1:21-23 (the Message) What happened was this: People knew God perfectly well, but when they didn't treat him like God, refusing to worship him, they trivialized themselves into silliness and confusion so that there was neither sense nor direction left in their lives. They pretended to know it all, but were illiterate regarding life. They traded the glory of God who holds the whole world in his hands for cheap figurines you can buy at any roadside stand.

II.               The Secret of Happiness
Philippians 4:11-13 (The Message) I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

III.            What matters… What really matters?

IV.            Conclusion: Regaining our bearings - 1Timothy 6:6-10 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment